Implementations of the Seam Carving Algorithm
Since I first started blogging about this technique, several implementations have been popping up, so I decided to make a list of them. Some of them are web-based (mostly in flash), others are plug-ins to another software, and still others are stand-alone applications. Here they are:
- Patrick Swieskowski has a Seam Carving Demo which allows you to try it on any photo on the web.
- There is another flash implementation in je2050.de which does a pretty good job. Unfortunately it is restricted to two pictures only.
- Zero point nine has its own flash implementation, too
- Carlo Baldassi developed a plug-in for the Gimp
- Kennberg has a photoshop plug-in.
- Picutel also has a PhotoShop plug-in, but it seems the free version limits the image size.
- Semanticmetadata.net has a java application.
- IntuImage has a windows app
- Liquid Resize has received good comments
- Another one, this time in C# and mono (in Linux)
- Andy Owen implemented his own routine in C to create a command-line version.
- Gabi took Andy's version above and created a GUI application around it (see also here).
- Kometbomb has implemented his version in C for windows.
- Michael at Nerdblog has mada available a windows application (no source code).
- Hector Yee has implemented in flash, too, but is not on-line