Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Creativity (or the lack of)

Searching the web for information on outline and brainstorm editors (something that I'll write about later when I consolidate my ideas on them), I found a web site that does a relatively good job in reviewing several "organizers applications" (although the applications themselves are not that interesting). But better than the reviews (and surely the reviewed applications) is a link to a web site dedicated to Creativity. That link is dead but curious about the site I looked at the WayBack Machine, and surely the site was there (apparently it went dead by the end of 2004). Having checked, and approved of, its contents, I went to Google to try and find if the site had moved somewhere else, and indeed it had. Excellent! But Google didn't return just that site. I had searched for a complete phrase from the original site to make sure I found an exact copy, and an exact copy I found. Actually, something more like twenty copies! Upon looking more closely, I saw that most of them (if not all), with the exception of the "true" one, took the article from the site and "borrowed" it, publishing it themselves giving no credits to the original author, with one exception (and even this one points back to the dead site). Kinda ironic an article on creativity be "used" in the least creative way, isn't it? And many of them are personal blogs, passing the articles as if it were their ideas!

Nonetheless, the article is short and to the point, well worth reading.

Oh, and two of the xeroed blogs are here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker